viernes, 17 de octubre de 2014

“Instincts and their vicissitudes”, 1915


Well, today I have to talk about something that I’m reading at the moment, and right now I’m so busy studying Freudian theory, among his books I’m reading “Instincts and their vicissitudes” (Pulsión y destinos de pulsión), written in 1915 meanwhile the number of Freud’s patients decrease because the war made them go out to the country avoiding or taking part of the fight.
It is part of Meta-psychological works that Freud write into the “psychoanalysis movement” trying to put some things into a theoretical order after Dream’s interpretation. 

The gender of this text is “scientific”, but I believe that is a fundamental text for clinical psychologist in general, even if some of them don’t include their professional practice into “scientist” terms. Basically, “Instincts and their vicissitudes” talks about conceptual definitions of “instincts”, the types of it, how it works in our psyche and how instincts progress along of somebody’s life.

It’s a hard word to clear the unconcluded stuffs that he worked since 1892 until 1915. I don’t know if I’m really enjoying this text xD, sometimes, when I see patients whit my teachers, I remember that text (and other) and I realize that Freud was thinking very similar things like I see of the patients in the present. I believe this text is very useful to work and think about how I’m working.

6 comentarios:

  1. That's great. It's good you are studying Freud. When I have the time (maybe in holidays), I'll do too. I like much psychoanalysis.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like it too but I don’t understand it, a feel really dummy right now… : /

    ResponderEliminar
  3. jajaja! Freud is stalking all the subjects in psychology :3... regards!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I like Freud and Psychoanalysis! great.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Sincerely I don't like Freud, but I have to recognise that some articles of him enjoy me a lot :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Valeska!
    I read other post when other classmate writed about Freud. When you are stading psychology you must read a lot of Freud.

    ResponderEliminar